Tuesday, October 1, 2013

DAY - 42

Hope you had a great weekend!  I had an awesome writing session on Sunday afternoon with singer-songwriter, Eric Schwank.  Every time we get together I'm reminded of how gifted Eric is as a songwriter and lyricist.  I'm truly lucky to have him as not only a co-writer, but as a great friend (and groomsman) for all these years.  Yesterday, we finished up a song-in-progress and started something brand new.  I'm really pumped about the new stuff we've been writing!  Hoping to start demoing soon.    
Speaking of Eric, he has a debut solo album in the works that is going to be incredible!  I'll keep you posted.  

Today I reached out to entertainment lawyer, Matt Cottingham.  I came across Matt's name on the YEP list.  YEP stands for Young Entertainment Professionals.  They're a group of music biz folks in Nashville that have teamed up for the purpose of networking.  They're a group of pros that believe that team work is essential in this business.  You can check 'em out of Facebook or just google it.  "It's all about who you know...", was the tagline on one of YEP's most recent events.  What do you know...that's the very premise on which I started this blog!  (I would amend that statement to include, incredible talent and unyielding persistence as an integral part of the equation) Needless to say, I decided to reach out to see if I can get involved.

Matt Cottingham is with Petree Law.  I sent an email to Matt to introduce myself and display my interest in the events held by YEP.  I let him know that I'd love to get involved in any way possible, attending or performing.

No comments:

Post a Comment