Monday, October 14, 2013

DAY - 52

Hope you had a great weekend.  Mine was pretty productive.  I did some writing, had band rehearsal with the Liv Devine Band, and I bought a new car!  That's right.  My jeep has been acting pretty funky as of late.  Instead of worrying about dumping a bunch of money into things like, transmission, spark plugs, 4 new tires, etc., I decided to trade it in and get something new before making the trek from NJ to TN.  My wife, Sue has had tremendous success with her Kia Sportage (runs fantastic and believe it or not, it actually has gone up in value!)  so I decided to hop on the Korean band wagon and join the Kia family.

Speaking of band rehearsal.  I'm playing with the Liv Devine Band this Saturday at Rowan University. We're opening for Uncle Kracker and Joe Nichols!   Should be an awesome show.  If you live in or around NJ come check it out!  We'll be playing many of the tunes I co-wrote with Liv including "Boots", "Cupcakes & Wine", "Rock Your World" and I'll be singing "20/20".  You can check out most of those tunes at  www.mynameisaugust.bandcamp.com and you can watch the brand new video for "Boots" HERE.

Today I emailed hit songwriter and owner of Savannah Music Group, Dave Gibson.  As a hit songwriter, Dave has written for Tanya Tucker, Montgomery Gentry, and Alabama, among many others.  Dave founded the company in 2008 with Silicon Valley entrepreneur, Jeff Cohen. Today I decided to reach out to Dave and try to connect.  Dave says that he believes in the hard working talent of the young generation.  He believes in finding authentic talent and writing/producing great music.  Sounds like something I'd like to be involved in!

No comments:

Post a Comment