Thursday, October 24, 2013

DAY 59+60

I'm back in TN!  Walked in the door late last night just in time for a delicious dinner prepared by my amazing wife!  It's great to be back and know that I don't have to leave.  It was an intense 8 weeks and I feel like a tremendous weight has been lifted off my shoulders.  Yesterday was a 15hr travel day so honestly not much got accomplished networking-wise.  I did however, chat with co-writers on the ride down to discuss new song demos and to schedule some writing sessions. 3 new demos in the works at the moment!  Looking forward to posting when they're finished.  The drive was long, but not bad.  I actually took a recommendation and bought an audio book from iTunes.  It made the time fly. Great book by the way.  I've been getting into Malcolm Gladwell. I listened to "Outliers" on the way down and I'm currently reading his latest, "David and Goliath".  

Today I slept in.  After a late night pack job on Tuesday, a 3:30am wake up on Wednesday, and a 15hr drive, I was out like a light.  I finally managed to pull my lazy butt out of bed around 10am.  I'm starting my student teaching requirement tomorrow so I wanted to get as much work done/things updated as possible before it begins.  I'll be working with the vocal department of Hunter's Lane High School over the next 7 weeks.  The school day starts early, but is over by 2:15pm.  Perfect for afternoon writing sessions!

Down to biz...
Today I reached out to Abbe Nameche from Anchor Down Entertainment.  Abbe is the GM for the publishing company as well as one of the founding members of the song-plugging group, Chicks With Hits.  I decided I'd reach out, introduce myself, and let her know I'm interested in meeting.

I've got a lot of new contacts so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment