Thursday, October 10, 2013

DAY - 50

Friday eve and I am in weekend mode a day too early.  Bottle of red, bottle of white, in the mood for both tonight.  It's been a long week...and it ain't over.  In fact, I have to be up at 5am tomorrow to be in northwestern PA by 8am to observe my conducting professor direct his insanely talented high school band.  Sound exhilarating?  Maybe if you like blaring trumpets, thumping bass drums and piercing crash cymbals first thing in the morning.

Today was productive.  I heard back from Donald Jenkins (refer to yesterday) and we're planning to meet for coffee when I get back to town.  Donald is an inspirational guy and an innovative force.  I'm really excited to connect.  More to come on that.

This afternoon I reached out to Audiosocket music licensing. (www.audiosocket.com) I have a handful of songs licensed for pitching with Audiosocket. They're actually responsible for placing a couple My Name is August songs with Hyatt Hotels!  I reached out to Audiosocket inquiring about submitting new material.  I wanted to know if they had a need for pop/country stuff.  They got back to me today letting me know they're interested in checking out some of my country stuff as well as some Sweet Angeline songs AND some of my pop material.  There's always been a need for pop music in TV/Film but as of late there's a growing need for Country music as well.  I emailed Sarah Hunt (music A&R dept.) some links and files. Hoping she digs it!

No comments:

Post a Comment