Tuesday, October 15, 2013

DAY - 53

Beautiful morning!  These are the fall mornings I live for!  65 degrees, sun is shining, the dew still hanging heavy on the grass and the smell of burning firewood in the air.   Puts me in a great mood!  I took the train in early enough to make a pit stop at Starbucks on Board Street.

Today I heard back from songplugger and publishing consultant, Steve Bloch.  Steve reached out personally to give me an inside look at his "Lucky 13 Speed Pitch" workshop.  You can check into it more on his website but here's the skinny.  "The Lucky 13" Speed Pitch is based on the concept of speed dating, but in this case, it's 13 minutes with each of six very viable music industry Pros.  The beauty is that in 90 minutes you will have begun to create relationships with people who might give you a leg up down the road.  Cost is $185 and it includes food and conversation with the industry folks during a 30 minute break.  

Now, I can't vouch for the workshop personally, because I haven't done it.  However, I've heard great things about it from some very viable sources.  In my opinion, if you're really confident in your material and looking to meet the decision makers face-to-face, and you have the extra bread to spare, this is your event.   I'm sure getting a deal on the spot is rare, but the networking possibilities are abundant.  Especially if you're new to town and want to get on the radar ;)  

I wrote Steve back and thanked him for his email.  Cheers!

PS.  Please feel free to comment or email me (mynameisaugust@yahoo.com) if you've ever been to one...or...if you have another event you'd like to share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment