Tuesday, October 29, 2013

DAY - 63

Fantastic meeting today with Abbe Nameche, GM of Anchor Down Entertainment. (refer to yesterday)  She spent some real quality time getting to know me, listening to my music, and even had me play something live in her office.  First off, Abbe is super cool.  She's an industry vet and she totally knows her stuff.  She gave me great feedback and very solid advice moving forward.  She was partial to my pop stuff and even thought "Heart On A String" (song I wrote with Fred Knobloch)  was "a hit".  She stressed that I spend some time trying to get my pop catalog placed in TV & Film.  Not to mention, she even offered to make a few phone calls on my behalf.   Totally buzzing.

As you may have guessed, I'll be following up and cultivating this relationship.  Cheers to meeting awesome people in Music City!

Also, in case you're wondering... last night's surprise birthday dinner was at Virago. (Killer sushi joint downtown)  It was the first time we ate there and it totally lived up to the hype.  Expensive but REALLY good.  Afterwards we went to the Flying Saucer, a beer hall with over 280 beers on the menu, then closed out the night at Jeni's Ice Cream.  Sweet potato and marshmallow ice cream...sounds weird, tastes like frozen thanksgiving goodness in a bowl.  

Sushi, Beer, and Ice Cream = One happy b-day boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment