Friday, October 25, 2013

DAY - 61

Just pitched a song to country star, Lee Brice!  Turns out Lee is looking for songs in the new country / hip hop style and I happened to have something spot on.   The song is one I've been working on with the very talented Canadian/Nashville songwriter, Kirk Penney.  Kirk and I have been getting RAVE reviews from just a rough work tape version of our song.  Side note: A work tape is a recording of the song, pre-demo. A lot of the times it's just acoustic/vocal or piano/vocal.  However, Kirk went all out and put together a GREAT sounding work tape and we were advised by a few publishers/hit writers to go ahead and pitch it.  So we did. (I'll post the work tape next week so you can check it out)

I pitched Lee Brice's management and A&R team at Curb Records this afternoon.  Fingers crossed, prayers being said...as always.

Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment