Monday, October 7, 2013

DAY - 47

Rainy day Monday...literally.  Tornado warning, in fact, here in Philadelphia!

I had a great weekend getaway to Nashville.  Spent some quality time with the wife, the dog and with my favorite city.  Sue and I also happened to meet some great new people on Friday and got together with them on Sunday for a bday celebration.  You never know who you're gonna meet at the dog park!  Yes, the weekend was a blast in deed, however, I'm paying it for it now.  I have hours upon hours of schoolwork staring me in the face.  Just hook me up to a caffeine IV because I'm going to be up all night.  Alright, alright, enough complaining.  After all, "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."  William Arthur Ward.

Today I reached out to Terry Seay.  Terry and his wife, Wanda own an indie publishing company based in Franklin, TN called, 'All About Z Music'.  I met Terry and Wanda about a year ago when I attended one of their ever-growing house concerts.  It was a Canadian songwriters night and I was invited by none other than the great Kirk Penney (co-writer).  Terry and Wanda have been throwing these house concerts for a while now and they've become very popular around the area.  In fact, they have some big names in the songwriting industry make appearances at every concert.  I spoke with Terry and Wanda when we met and they told me to contact them when I move to Nashville full-time to perform at a house concert.  I know you can see where this is going.  Long story short, I just emailed Terry today to connect.

Alright it's homework time.  Until tomorrow...Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment