Thursday, September 29, 2011

DAY - 55

(Listening to:  Ryan Adams "When The Stars Go Blue" from the album "Gold".  Its raw, its organic, its perfectly unperfect) 

Alright both contracts are in hand (refer to last couple days)...now its time to do some serious reading...

In other news... Today I talked to pro Nashville songwriter J Fred Knobloch today and confirmed our Skype writing session for tomorrow morning!  I'm excited to try and finish up the tune we started.

I also did some research on a monthly song pitching session in NYC called SPONY. www.sponyonline.com  SPONY hosts song pitching sessions every month.  The way it works is they get together a panel of 'esteemed' industry folks who are looking for songs and/or songwriters.  As a songwriter you can register to attend for a nominal fee and you get to pitch one song to the panel.  If they like what they hear, they'll ask for a copy...if not, they'll simply pass.  There seems to be a lot of success stories through this event and I've heard through the grapevine that its pretty legit.  I missed this month's session so now I'm waiting to hear when the October session will be.  I'm thinking I can possibly turn this into a little networking trip to New York.  ASCAP head quarters is also in NYC so I can try to schedule a meeting with someone at ASCAP as well.  More to come on this...

No comments:

Post a Comment