Sunday, September 25, 2011

DAY - 51

I've decided to stop wasting 2 days per weekend doing research on making contacts.  I only have 365 days to make an impact and I don't want to waste 2 days a week just doing "research"!  So unless I have something lined up for networking on Saturday and/or Sunday I'm just going to spend 1 day researching for the coming week and save 1 day for an extra networking day.   That being said, today I logged on to Music X Ray.com and found a brand new listing... Kellie Pickler is looking for songs for her new record....

Country artist, Kellie Pickler is in need of songs. She wants songs that are written from a position of strength. Nothing that makes her sound needy...No "doormat" songs. The lyrics have to be STELLAR and the music has to move YOU!! Selected artists will be offered an exclusive single-song publishing contract for a period of 6 months. If a placement is secured on the album, the term becomes perpetuity. Please be very selective about what you pitch and thanks!!


My 'Sweet Angeline' co-writers and I wrote this song that has Kellie Pickler written ALL over it!  We've actually been told by Dale Bobo (Major Music Publisher) that the song would be PERFECT for Kellie Pickler.  The only problem is... is it doesn't exactly fit what this listing is asking for.   This is usually grounds for getting your song returned, but I decided to send it in anyway. We'll see what they say...no harm no foul right?  


If you want to check out the song I'm talking about go to... www.sweetangelinemusic.com  (its on the music page)  its called  "Cupcakes & Wine" 

No comments:

Post a Comment