Sunday, September 18, 2011

DAY - 45

Alright, now I'm feeling sick again... thought I kicked this thing early but the reading on the Thermometer proves me wrong.  Anyway, I've been fighting through it and doing some research today.  I came across a pretty cool contact. Kyra Larock, is a music manager.  Having worked for a ton of big music companies (19 entertainment, MTV, Artista Records) she has many connections to well-established artists.  That being said, Kyra also handles pitching songs to artists who are recording new albums... for example Adam Lambert, Britney Spears, Leona Lewis, etc.  I'm planning on reaching out to Kyra when I have a really strong and well-produced POP demo to pitch.  I have a couple songs in mind, but don't have the right recordings yet.

I also revisited the Music X Ray site and submitted to an opportunity to Torrez Music Group looking for songs to pitch to Tim McGraw.  I submitted a new song called "Love Takes Work" check it out http://mynameisaugust.bandcamp.com/track/love-takes-work-demo

I will also be trying to find some other connections into Torrez Music Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment