Friday, September 2, 2011

Day - 29

TGIF! Just started learning how to use a professional networking site called 'Linked in'.  If you're not familiar with the site, its a place where business professionals create their own profile's with the sole purpose of networking and meeting other professionals with common industry goals.  check it out www.linkedin.com 

Via 'Linked In' I was able to contact Michael Laskow today.  Michael is the founder/owner of the biggest A&R company in the world, called TAXI.  www.taxi.com  He is a genius business man who happens to also be a musician / recording engineer with an amazing passion for music. (And a really nice person to boot!) He is connected to sooo many major players in the music biz its ridiculous.
 I met Michael last year when I was at the Taxi convention in LA.  I played an open mic at the convention and just so happens his daughter was in the room watching.  She came up to me after I was done to let me know she "loved my song!" (At the time, I had no clue it was the owner of Taxi's daughter)  So I ended up giving her my CD and thinking nothing of it.  The next day, I see Michael Laskow in the lobby of the hotel and he said, "Hey, your CD is sitting on my nightstand, my daughter really likes the music." I was blown away.

Long story short, I emailed Michael today to say hi and send him/his daughter some links to my new music.  We'll see if it leads to anything exciting : )

No comments:

Post a Comment