Saturday, September 3, 2011

DAY - 30

I've decided to allot my weekend networking time to researching and digging up more contacts. Then, during the week, I'll double up a couple days.   I realize that most industry folks are not in the office over the weekend so most of my efforts go unnoticed and buried in someone's inbox or voicemail.

That being said, I found 2 companies and contacts today that I plan to connect with this coming week.  The first is a very well-established boutique publishing company called Arthouse Entertainment. www.arthouseent.com  One of their top writers is American Idol's Kara Dioguardi.  She is one of the top songwriters in the industry right now with over 300 songs placed on Major Label releases!! (That's insane! I believe it too because I just saw her house on HGTV... it is also insane)

The second company is a small independent publishing company called Expressive Artists. www.expressiveartists.com  Looks like they're just getting started but they have a nice roster of writers and producers.

Other cool news...  Got an email from pro songwriter J Fred Knobloch (refer to Day 14) about a song idea that we're going to start writing together. Amazing...Let's do it!

Have a great labor day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment