Monday, September 12, 2011

DAY - 39

I decided to double up today and email both Greg James from EMI publishing and Dave from Expressive Artists.  Both are contacts that I got by researching different companies that have to do with film and tv licensing as well as publishing.  Now, contacting these people blindly (basically like cold calling) is not typically the best way to get in the door.  This is called unsolicited, which all major publishers do not except unsolicited material.  The fact that I don't know anyone that could connect me to them is the reason I decided to contact them directly.  I did not try to push my material on them either, I kept it casual and merely asked if they may have any advice about how to get my music noticed.

Also, I contacted a brand new recording in studio in Williamsburg Brooklyn that offers professional studio time for FREE if they like your music and see you're doing a great job at promoting it!  They're called Rubber Tracks and the studio is owned by Converse the shoe company! http://www.converse.com/content/landing/index.aspx?command=Rpp:36,Ns:P_Title%7C101%7C1%7C,Up:US_user,Nrc:id-3022%7Cid-100000,Nea:True,N:3064-100056

No comments:

Post a Comment