Tuesday, September 27, 2011

DAY - 53

Holy Sh#*! HUGE Day.  I just checked my email tonight and received not only 1 but 2 pieces of amazing news!  I submitted a song to musicxray.com (Refer to Day 51) two days ago for a listing regarding songs for Kellie Pickler.  Just got an email saying our song 'Cupcakes & Wine' was SELECTED!  This means me and my 'Sweet Angeline' co-writers will be offered an exclusive single-song publishing deal with 'HD Music Now'.  Crazy news!!  This is exactly what they said...

"Nice song! I don't think its right for Kellie Pickler, but possibly some others...The Band Perry, Miranda Lambert, etc... Please get in touch and we will send over the documents, thanks!"

And... if that wasn't cool enough, I also got an email back tonight from music publisher and owner of Studio 51 Music, Dave Trotter. (Refer to Day 35) Dave said that he really liked the songs that I sent over and would like to talk in further detail about a potential publishing deal with his company / licensing of my songs for TV & Film!

Yes, this is all incredible news and something to be REALLY excited about, however, in the music industry, not all deals are right for every artist or song. A lot has to be considered and discussed before jumping into any decisions... but don't get me wrong...my girlfriend and I are dancing around our apartment right now : )  Stay tuned!


1 comment: