Friday, September 9, 2011

DAY - 36

HUGE day today. Incredible news to share!  I've been holding this in for 2 days now but I had to make sure it was really happening... I am officially writing a song with major hit songwriter (and one of my biggest mentors) Jason Blume. (Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, Jesse McCarntney, Colin Raye, etc.)

 Its hard to express emotion through a blog, but if you could see my face, I've been smiling ear to ear for the past 2 days.   A couple weeks ago, (Read Day - 20)  I sent Jason an email with a chorus / song idea I was working on...asking him if he would like to write it with me and my co-writers Tyler James and Liv Devine.  Now obviously, I thought this was a long shot because he's a major songwriter and I'm a no name at this point.  Low and behold, he wrote me back 2 days ago letting me know he loved the chorus and song idea and wanted to write it with me!  Long story short, he sent me some lyric ideas yesterday and we sent some back today and the game has begun :)

More cool news to report on tomorrow so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Mike! You deserve this! Keep these updates coming!
    -Jade

    ReplyDelete