Wednesday, September 28, 2011

DAY - 54

Well, after yesterday, a little part of me wanted to chill out and take a break from networking for the day...but then, a bigger part of me spoke up and said, "Hell no, you lazy '....'  you have 311 days left, no breaks!"  I guess I can't argue with myself...

So today I emailed Kevin Mac.  Kevin is a songwriter and performer who is making a big name for himself in Virginia Beach.  My cousin, Heather, actually sent me a message with his contact info, telling me I should try to connect with him.  So I did.  Thanks Heather! :)   I sent Kevin an email letting him know that I'm trying to connect with people who are pursuing common goals and to email me back if he wasn't interested in collaborating, co-writing or trying to help each other out.

Also, I went to Philly today to meet up with my long time friend, mixing engineer/producer, Chris Zurzolo.  Chris and I started sorting through songs that I'm recording for the next 'My Name is August' release, trying to figure out which song we want to release next as a single. (I spend so much time these days writing songs for other people, it feels good sometimes to work on my own stuff)  Stay tuned :)

***Other news from yesterday...   I emailed Dave Trotter from Studio 51 Music back letting him know I was definitely interested in talking further in detail and to send the documents/contract over so I can look everything over.  I will also be calling HD Music Now tonight to discuss further about the single-song publishing deal for 'Cupcakes & Wine'.   When/If something happens.. I'll let you know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment