Monday, August 12, 2013

DAY - 8

My brother-in-law, Mark is in town and staying with us for the next week.  Since the weather is  overcast today, off and on rain, it's not much of a pool day so we decided to do some exploring.  We headed over to Centennial Park off of West End in Nashville to check out the Parthenon.  The Parthenon is a full-scale replica of the original one in Athens, Greece.  Unfortunately, we found out when we arrived that it's closed on Mondays.  Oh well, the outside is pretty cool.  Since we were already in Centennial Park we HAD to check out this little hole-in-the-wall BBQ joint I've been hearing about called Hog Heaven.  It was actually featured on Food Network's "Best Thing I Ever Ate"!   The place is known for the pulled pork as well as their unique White BBQ sauce.  I ended up getting the kickin' pulled chicken sandwich with white bbq sauce, slaw and pickles on cornbread cakes.  It was incredible!!  Mark got the pulled pork sandwich which was totally off the hook as well.  This place is a MUST next time you're in Nashville.

Before we hit the city I was able to get in a little networking this morning.  I reached out to Lisa Johnson, VP of Creative at Razor and Tie music publishing in Nashville.  Razor and Tie has offices in NYC, LA and Nashville.  The company is totally interesting for me because they specialize in Pop AND Country.  I write across all genres so naturally I'm looking for a publisher that can handle pitching both Country and Pop.  A lot of publishers typically specialize in one or the other so to find a cutting edge publisher that works in both is very cool.  I actually met Lisa about 4 years ago at the TAXI music convention in LA.  We chatted for a bit and I gave her my info.  I decided to reach out again today.  I'm sure she doesn't remember meeting me so I'm not expecting anything but who knows. There is also a creative director who works in the Nashville office named Ross.  I may try reaching out to Ross as well.   Like I was saying, these types of publishing companies are rare, so I really want to get a foot in the door somehow and show them what I have to offer on BOTH sides of the spectrum.

PS:  I just secured the domain www.makingit365.com!   Next time you read, plug it into the search engine and it'll direct you right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment