Wednesday, August 7, 2013

DAY - 5

Have you ever heard, "Come From the Heart'"?  It's a song written by Richard Leigh and Susanna Clark and performed by her husband Guy Clark.  I'm sad to say I only discovered it last week.  What a beautiful song I was missing out on for all this time.  It's poetic, honest and stripped down folk/country, recorded by Guy and Susanna in 1988.  I swear, SOO many bumper stickers and cotchkies with sayings on them came from this song!  If you haven't heard it, just google it...make sure you listen to the Guy Clark version...there are a few others out there.

Productive morning already!  I reached out to Nashville song-plugger and producer, Shane Barrett to say hi, touch base and let him know I made the move.  Shane was nice enough to get back to me and offer some co-writes with some of his writers!  Speaking of which, I'll be writing next Wednesday with the incredible, Megan Redmond (check her out...this girl is a rising star!)   More to come.

I also reached out to NYC Downtown Music publisher, Jeremy Yohai.  I met Jeremy about 2 years ago through Scot Sax. (Scot Sax is a hit writer from Philadelphia and Downtown is his publisher)  I've since written 2 songs with Scot that Downtown has picked up for pitching.  I touched base with Jeremy and let him know I'm in Nashville in case he has any writers down here that I could work with. Downtown is such a HUGE company I'm sure there is some common ground here in the south.

Alright it's almost 11:30CST... time to start writing.  Can I get a damn piano down here!?  I love my guitar but I'm totally missing my ivories.

No comments:

Post a Comment