Thursday, August 8, 2013

DAY - 6

Home sweet Starbucks.  This happens to be the first post of "Chapter 2" written in a Starbucks.  Over half of the last blog was written in a Starbucks Coffee House somewhere in Philadelphia or New Jersey... and I don't even like their coffee that much!  Ok ok, I admit to liking some of the foo foo drinks, but my old standby is the Americano, cream, lightly sweetened, with a touch of cinnamon.  Right now I'm sitting in the Bellevue Starbucks off of 70 and Old Hickory in TN. Great wifi!

Just got done a writing session with J Fred Knobloch and my Sweet Angeline co-writers, Liv and Tyler.  We started digging into an older song idea.  Very cool title, very cool direction.  Today we spent most of the time trying to firm up the execution.  The past 2 days I did a ton of pre-writing for this one so in Fred's words, "There's a lot of meat on the bone".  Now we just have to trim the fat, season it up and make sure not to over cook it. (Apologies for the the lame steak metaphors, I'm just really hungry right now) I'm working with Fred again tomorrow.  We'll probably touch on this one a little as well as one we finished about 2 months ago called, "Summertime Looks Good On You".   Fred's already been playing it at his monthly Bluebird Cafe gig and getting great response.  Looking forward to demoing it so you can take a listen.

Just a side note...
If you're a songwriter, check out this blog manvsrow.wordpress.com .  It was started a couple weeks ago by hit songwriter/lyricist Brent Baxter.  Very cool blog with great advice both in the craft and in the business of songwriting.

Down to business... 
Today I emailed the general manager of Big Tractor Music, Clay Myers.  Clay is another publisher that I had been in contact with in March.  He told me to contact him when I got to Nashville because he was interested in hearing more of my music!  Hopefully we set something up.  Now it's off to hang with producer/mixing engineer/songwriter and my new friend, Tommy Carnes at his studio in downtown Franklin.  From there, it's dinner and drinks with our lovely brides.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment