Friday, August 9, 2013

DAY - 7

Welcome to the weekend...almost.   I just dropped Sue off at school (new teacher orientation) and decided to crop out at the same Starbucks as yesterday.  Sue and I are unfortunately sharing a car at the moment because my Jeep is back in NJ still.  I drove the moving truck and Sue drove her car so I'm going to have to wait until I go back to Philly in September to pick it back up.  I was initially going to to rent a car but sharing hasn't actually been that tough.  I drop Sue off in the morning, do my thing and pick her back up.  

As I was saying, I just popped in Starbucks to get some networking done.  I figured I'd jam pack the morning with networking because I have a writing sess with J Fred in about 30min at 10am and later tonight my brother-in-law, Mark is rolling into town to spend a week with us!  It's gonna be a blast having him here!

This morning I reached out to Daniel Lee at BMG Chrysalis, a major publishing company.  Daniel is the creative director and we had been in touch during the first go around of the blog.  I've stayed in touch ever since and today sent an email to let him know I made the move.  Also, my hard drive totally crashed in April and lost EVERYTHING including the list of up and coming writers that Daniel sent me.  I emailed him to see if he could forward over that list again and potentially meet and grab coffee.  Daniel is a young publisher and I would love to get his fresh look on the industry here in Nashville.  As a newbie to town, I'm trying to load up on information.

Alright I am running out of time,  gotta get to Fred's.  Have a great weekend.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment