Wednesday, August 21, 2013

DAY - 15

Yesterday afternoon I grabbed lunch at Edgehill Cafe on Music Row with NY born songwriter, Jon D'Agostino.  Jon and I met for the first time after being introduced by Nashville publisher/plugger Shane Barrett.  Two yankee songwriters in a southern cafe... we hit it off immediately.  I feel like Jon could totally be a member of my big Italian family.  Not only is Jon a successful lawyer in NJ,  but he's kicking butt here on Music Row as well!  Making the rest of us look bad!  I'll actually be meeting with Jon again on Thursday afternoon at producer, Jason Garner's studio.  Small world...I've been playing phone tag with Jason regarding new demo work.  Jon happens to already have a working relationship with him and just this morning invited me to their studio session this Thursday!  I love when little things come together so nicely.  

Last night, Sue and I went to see the amazing Suzie Brown and her hit songwritin' hubby, Scot Sax play at The Basement.  It was our first time at the locally famous spot and I have to say, really cool little joint. Dimly lit, open-faced brick walls, low ceilings, great sound, cheep beer...the quintessential rock club.  It was great to see Scot and Suzie here in Nashville!  The last song I wrote with Scot, "I'm Not Practice (Future Girlfriend)" has been getting great reactions with publishers/tv and film folks lately.  Fingers crossed we land that one somewhere.  I also met Scot's niece Allison Taylor, very talented singer/songwriter who just moved to music city as well.  We exchanged info and talked about future collaboration.


Another early morning.  Up at 5am, at Starbucks by 6:45am.  Got a lot of things done this morning.  I reached out to a couple booking agents including Margaret at Bluebird Cafe regarding playing again at a future writer's night.  The most random thing I did this morning was pitch a song to "American Pickers."  You know, Mike Wolfe and Frank Fritz??  It's a long shot, but I sent over a rough demo that my co-writer, E.M. Street and I put together a while back to see if I could get a reaction.  Can't hurt.  Alright, off to Fred Knobloch's to finish up the song we've been writing with Sweet Angeline, co-writer Liv Devine.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment