Thursday, August 29, 2013

DAY - 21

Looks as though Disney Music Publishing Nashville has done some re-staffing.   Patrick Clifford took over as VP of publishing and A&R for Disney Music Publishing Nashville.  Why do I care? If you've been following along since the first MI365, you'll know I've been trying to get "Heart On A String" (song I wrote with Fred Knobloch) to Disney.   The song is a light-hearted, beautifully simple, little throw-back, reminiscent of Randy Newman or even something Michael Bublé would do.  I know it's a slam-dunk for a Disney film.  The only issue is...no one at Disney knows that yet.

 Patrick Clifford took office at DMG this past June so I figured I'd try and make the connection while things are fresh.  Not to mention, after thinking about it, I would LOVE to write for Disney.  All the artists in their stable as well as up-and-comers, all the TV shows, all the movies!  I haven't spoken with any Disney songwriters yet to get their take on it, but I imagine it would be fantastic.  Especially for someone like me who is totally A.D.D. when it comes to sticking to one genre.  Let's get that foot in the door baby!  Or get it slammed in my face trying.

It's 10am and I'm staring at a couple unfinished songs as well as a great new hook with an empty page below it.  They ain't gonna write themselves!  Time to get to work.  Stay tuned!  

No comments:

Post a Comment