Friday, August 2, 2013

DAY - 2


Technology, a blessing and a curse.  It's great when it's working, but when it doesn't, it makes you want to throw your computer at wall!  The lovely people at Xfinity have been a joy to speak to on the phone.  I spoke with someone in India, South America, New Jersey and finally someone from Tennessee.  After an hour or so of touring the world by phone, I was finally connected to someone local.  To their credit, once I got the right person on the line they sent a technician out right away who got here within 20 minutes!   Fingers crossed, internet is fixed and we're through with the spotty service.  

Last night Sue and I went out to the Listening Room downtown to check out some music.  
The place is cool…open-face brick walls, high ceilings, good food, cool local beers and the music last night was totally up to par.  
The only disadvantage was the sound.  It's hard to listen to original music with bad sound.  From what I understand, sonically speaking, the place is usually great.  It was probably just an off night.  Regardless, this morning I reached out to the booking agent to see about booking me for a writer's night.  

This morning, I also took the time to scan through all the Nashville connections I made over the past 2 years and put together a follow up list.  I also began researching and put together a new contact list.  Throughout the first couple weeks I will be following up with all the contacts I've made thus far.  When I used to sell mortgages for a short period of time my boss would always tell me, "Even more important than the initial contact is the follow up." Although that job was very short lived, I'll never forget that little nugget of wisdom.  Today I followed up with Natalie Harker, originally from Cal 4 Music Publishing, now the creative director of Liz Rose Music.  I sent an email seeing about co-writing with one of her staff-writers.  Now that I'm in town, my first goal is to expand my network. Speaking of which, if you know anybody in Nashville that I should try to connect with let me know! mynameisaugust@yahoo.com 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment