Monday, August 19, 2013

DAY - 13

"Because life is truly a mystery. Better than any book or movie. You're just bouncing along and the strangest thing happens, especially if you put yourself in play."  
-Bob Lefsetz 

Lucky #13.  I'm feeling good today.  I've been awake since 5am.  Today is Sue's first day of teaching at Curry Ingram Academy in Brentwood, TN and I dropped her off.  Since August 1st, she has had new teacher orientation.  I know, that's A LOT of orientation.  But this school is no joke.  Parents seriously pay $36,000 a year to send their kids there!!  I dropped Sue off around 6:30am, helped her load into her new classroom and made a beeline straight to Starbucks.  

I have a writing session today with the very talented Canadian songwriter, Kirk Penney.  Kirk and I wrote "Saying Yes" a while back and it has been getting some nice attention from publishers.  We actually had a request from a band called South Sixty-Five to record a demo of the song.  S65 was a country boy band signed to Atlantic Records back in 2001.  They've recently gotten back together and started working with producer and former All-4-One member, Delious Kennedy.  Remember All-4-One??!  "I Swear", "I Can Love You Like That", man...that was my childhood! haha!   So needless to say, it was pretty cool to get an email from Delious.  We granted them permission to demo the song but haven't heard anything back.  Long story short, Kirk and I are fixing to knock one out of the park today!

Being that I was up before the sun today I figured I'd use the time to get some quality research and networking done.  I checked into a couple new publishers here in Nashville.  One of which I thought was very interesting.  Cornman Music is a relatively new publisher owned and operated by MEGA hit-maker, Brett James. (Just google him)  The staff looks super talented and driven.  What interests me the most is that Brett has had success in both the country and pop markets.  I'm very interested in potentially getting a foot in the door even just to chat.  I drafted up a nice email to VP of Creative, Nate Lowery.  Fingers crossed he reads it and takes a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment