Monday, August 26, 2013

DAY - 18

I heard back from LeAnn Phelan. (refer to Day 16)  She offered to meet with me in September.  Cool right!?  Yeah totally, but I won't be here. :(

I think I may have mentioned earlier that I have to go back to Philadelphia for 7 weeks to finish my MA in Music at University of the Arts.  Obligations, commitments, always getting in the way.  Lol!  But seriously,  from Sept. 1st - Oct. 22nd I'll be back and forth from Nash to Philly.  My schedule will be so hectic and unpredictable that it makes it kind of impossible to schedule much during those 7 weeks.  Oh well, the show will go on.  Plus I'm pumped to get this program done!  I wrote LeAnn back, explained the situation and said I'd love to meet at the end of October.  

I read an awesome interview with Frank Liddell this morning.  Frank Liddell is a famous Nashville producer. (Miranda Lamber, Eli Young Band, David Nail, Kellie Pickler, Lee Ann Womack, and the list goes on and on and on...)  If you're an artist, songwriter, producer or just someone who likes to know what happens behind the scenes, check out the interview here http://rowfax.com/2011/09/the-producer’s-chair-frank-liddell/  

Today I reached out to Julie Stuckey.  Julie is the creative manager at Creative Nation. Creative Nation is a publishing company and management team owned by mega hit songwriter Luke Laird and his wife Beth Laird.  The company has teamed up with Universal Music Publishing and Pulse Recording.  Pulse Recording is responsible for songs like Teenage Dream, Born This Way, Dynamite, and many others.  If you've been following along you may have guessed that I reached out to this company because I noticed the potential for both Country and Pop opportunities.  They're a Nashville based publisher with ties in LA.   After doing further research on the company and the staff, I got a great vibe.  We'll see what happens.

Here's to the start of a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment