Friday, August 23, 2013

DAY - 17

Sitting outside of Starbucks right now because the air conditioner is broken.  There's actually a hand-written sign on the door that says, "Warning our air conditioner is broken. It is VERY hot inside."  They aren't kidding!!  It's a sauna in there. Hot coffee machines, a barista, and multiple ovens all going at the same time.  I don't know how the folks behind the register are even functioning.  Total troopers.  On the upside, they're giving away free ice coffee.  

The session with Megan Redmond yesterday was great.  We finished up the tune in no time and started a new one.  As Megan said, "Press the Easy Button!".  Later on, I met with Jon D'Agostino at producer, Jason Garner's studio.  Detached garage in a beautiful area outside the city turned super-sweet studio.  As I walked in,  Jon was in the midst of demoing some new tunes.  Fantastic stuff! Immediately ear-catching and interesting.  Great songs, great music production, totally fresh and intriguing.   While I was there I also met Adam, one of Jon's co-writers.  When I walked in he was laying down the vocals for a song they co-wrote.  VERY cool voice.  Adam and I talked for a little as well and exchanged info.  From there I hit up the local Panera Bread to chill out a bit before picking up Sue.  While chowing down on a turkey avocado sandwich I got an email from hit songwriter Jason Blume.  He dug the new idea I sent a couple weeks ago and might have some cool ideas in the works for it.  Fingers crossed more to come on that.

This morning I reached out to the creative director for Magic Mustang Music, Keithan Melton.  Magic Mustang is an independent publisher that represents 18 songwriters including, Jason Aldean and Thompson Square.  I sent an email to Keithan to introduce myself.  Magic Mustang signed a deal a little while ago with Big Loud Bucks/Big Loud T-Shirt for worldwide administration.  Big Loud T-Shirt is hit songwriter Craig Wiseman's publishing company and it's one of the hottest on the row.   I keep saying it, but after being down here for an extended period of time you realize how small this town really is...especially the music industry. Everything is connected somehow.  Just trying to find my spot!   Stay tuned!





No comments:

Post a Comment