Wednesday, August 28, 2013

DAY - 20

Heading over to Fred Knobloch's this morning to do some more work on our latest demo.  The recording is sounding very cool.  We've taken this lazy Summer song to a place that both of us did not initially intend to go.  It's throw back vibe but it's fresh at the same time.  Looking forward to posting and pitching!

Cool news I forgot to mention last week.  I heard back from Bluebird Cafe and I'm booked for December 1st!  I played Bluebird back in March with my country/pop side project, Sweet Angeline and it was fantastic.  Packed house, music loving crowd!  The show "Nashville" is doing amazing things for the Bluebird.  Don't get me wrong, it has always been a line-out-the-door kinda venue, but now there's a line out the door AND down the street every night!   I'm pumped try out some new material on a totally new audience and be a part of one of the famous writer's nights.

Another piece of cool news.  I spoke with Jason Blume this week and we are pitching "20/20" to Rascal Flatts and Gloriana.  We've been waiting for over a year for Rascal Flatts to start looking for songs again.  Just got word that they're working on a new album so it's time to make that pitch.  Gloriana is another act I've been wanting to pitch 20/20.   They cross over into the pop/country world as well so it could be right up their alley.  Prayers being said.

Today I reached out to Ross Asher, Creative Director at Razor and Tie Music Publishing in Nashville.  I sent an email to introduce myself and let him know I am interested in meeting as well as co-writing with songwriters from the Razor and Tie stable.  I left some links to my music as well.  We shall see.
Have a good Wednesday.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment