Tuesday, September 3, 2013

DAY - 23

I hope you had a great Labor Day weekend!  Mine was fantastic.  Great BBQ, beer and family time.  My sister's boyfriend, James is like Bobby Flay on the grill.  Steaks and ribs seasoned and grilled to perfection.  I had my first pumpkin beer of the season. (Sam Adams)  I know, I know,  it's too early.  To that I say...it's never too early for pumpkin products!   I had another beer that was pretty remarkable...have you ever tried Well's Banana Bread Beer?  My wife Sue actually recommended it and I have to say, it's like a hoppy loaf of banana bread in a bottle.  

Anyway, I'm back in New Jersey/Philly for the next 7 weeks.  Today was orientation at Uarts.  I can't believe it has almost been 3 years since I started this master's program.  Time flies when you're doing what you love.  Can't wait to finish up the semester, follow in the footsteps of my parents, family and friends as a graduate of University of the Arts.

Thanks to co-writer, Bill Gue, who suggested to today's contact, I reached out to Alan Menken.  If you've never heard of Alan, just google him.  He is an incredibly talented musician and composer best known for his film score work with Disney.  The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Tangled, and the list goes on and on and on.  Since I've been on this quest to get a foot in the door at Disney, Bill suggested I try and connect with Alan.  Today I gave it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment