Tuesday, September 17, 2013

DAY - 33

I'm sitting in one of lounges at school with my co-hort of grad students plugging away at the massive amount of homework that's due this week.  If it weren't for these little breaks I wouldn't be able to accomplish anything!  Between studying conducting techniques, and lesson planning for tomorrow, I was able to squeeze in a bit of 'persistent' networking.

As I said last month,  If I didn't hear anything back from Disney Music Nashville I was going to politely keep up a bit of persistence.  The trick with being persistent is to not be annoying.  There is definitely a fine line between the two.  Emailing someone EVERYDAY is annoying... not to mention, it looks desperate.  But, giving at least a couple weeks between emails or phone calls is more acceptable and, in my opinion, shows passion and confidence in your ability. So today I reached out, again, to the new VP Disney Music Nashville, Patrick Clifford.  I pitched him "Heart On A String" with Disney Animated films in mind.  I know through MusicXRay.com that Disney also happens to be looking for new writers.  Kill two birds with one stone??  Lol...yeah, when you wish upon a star!

No comments:

Post a Comment