Monday, September 23, 2013

DAY - 37

Hope you had a great weekend!  I got a chance to soak in the incredible fall weather at the Valenzano Wine Fest yesterday. My best friend, (and best man at my wedding) Bill had two free tickets from his law firm.  It was a power-packed day of tastings, great food, and music.  We actually got to hang with Mr. Valenzano himself. (the owner of the winery)

I know your saying, "They have wineries in NJ!?" The answer is yes, there's actually a lot!  Far more than I knew about.   Although they can't compete with California wines, some varietals are actually pretty good.

Back to the Monday morning grind.  

This morning I pitched Doug Johnson at Black River Entertainment two songs in consideration for Kellie Pickler.  Doug is a 30-year industry veteran and currently the VP of A&R at Black River.
I sent Doug, Cupcakes & Wine as well as Hear My Prayer.  Cupcakes is a light-hearted, fun and flirty country/pop tune and Hear My Prayer, is a pull-at-your-heartstrings, tear-jerker, ballad.  In my opinion, I think both would be great for Kellie.  I guess we'll see if Doug Johnson agrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment