Friday, September 6, 2013

DAY - 26

Friday, Friday, Friday!  First week of school down.  Exhausted already and the assignments just started pouring in.  Head down, keep focused and plow through.  At the moment, I'm sitting in my car pre-writing this post because I don't have internet and I have to teach another lesson in 20min.  Gotta make the most of every free minute!  

Good news, today I heard back from Jeff Skaggs from Kobalt Music Publishing (refer to Day-19).  In the email I sent Jeff, I left a link for the "Making It 365" mini-documentary that Olive Branch Studios did on my 365 blog project.  Turns out Jeff checked out the vid and really dug it.  He sent me a nice return email and said to stay in touch, send updates and new material.  Will do!   Kobalt has some great artists/writers, both pop and country, and they seem to be on a hot streak at the moment. I'm definitely  looking to keep this door open.  I sent a follow up thanking Jeff for taking the time to check out my stuff and let him know I'll be keeping in touch.  

Later today I emailed Philly singer-songwriter, Matt Santry about getting together to write.  If you've never heard Matt, check him out.  Great voice, really cool stuff!  We've been talking about collaborating for a while and I'm totally looking forward to writing while I'm in town.  Also, I spoke with Fred Knobloch about our demo.  He's in the process of mixing and said it's sounding really good. All in all, a pretty sweet Friday.  

Oh btw!  I just found out my song "Boots" (written with Sweet Angeline co-writer, Liv Devine and Gene Micofsky, performed by Liv Devine)  is in rotation every hour on Thunder 106 in New Jersey and getting great response!!   You can tune in from anywhere online and if you're feeling up to it, even call in a request ;)  Or just check out the video here.   

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment