Tuesday, September 10, 2013

DAY - 28

I have a sweet little break today for a couple hours so I'm currently cropped out at the local Cosi for some Steak and Cranberry Chili and free wifi.  Got an email from co-writer, Jason Blume.  We haven't heard anything back from the Rascal Flatts pitch yet (refer to Day 20) but this week we'll be pitching Gloriana.  As usual, sending up the prayers.

Besides catching up on school work, today I reached out to the new Creative Director at Tom-Leis Music, Travis Carter.   After doing some research this past weekend, I got a great vibe from this company.  It's a boutique operation with some serious players and impressive credits.  Something really draws me in about some of the Nashville boutique publishers.  I like the intimate vibe of the smaller operation.  There seems to be a great sense of community and collaboration.  They're not so big that the writer gets lost.  The staff seems very hands on and in tune with their writers and the material they're pitching.  I can only assume that it'd be easy to get lost, or have a song get lost, in a big company.  I can't remember where I read it, but it was an article regarding boutique publishers being the wave of the future for music publishing.  I can totally see that happening, especially in Nashville.  Many of the small publishers are having immense success in the hit radio market.  Look at Big Loud Shirt, Combustion Music, Cal 4, etc.  It's interesting, but not surprising if you think about it.  A small but great staff that knows their writers well and knows how to fit their music into the market.  Sounds great...now sign me up!

Ps:  Finally fixed my Time Stamp feature.  No my posting times are actually correct!  I realize no one cares but me.  Still, I always hated referring to the time within my post and then when I post the entry the time stamp says something completely different...making a liar out of me.  No more!

No comments:

Post a Comment