Thursday, September 26, 2013

DAY - 40

It's Friday eve.  You know it's been a long week when you refer to Thursday night as Friday eve.  It HAS been a long week.  Long days, long nights and little sleep.  Good news is there's only 3 weeks left of the intensive portion of my grad program.  Then, back to my wife, back to my dog, and back to Music City!

I've had little time for writing sessions lately.  I have a handful of songs and two new demos in the works.  Looking forward to posting for your listening pleasure.  The only writing I've been able to do is on the train in the mornings and late-late night after school work but this weekend I have a session with long-time friend and co-writer, Eric Schwank.  Looking forward to getting back into the writing room!

Today I reached out to the new creative director at Big Yellow Dog Publishing, Laura Wright. Laura is a very talented song rep and a huge advocate of her writers.  Big Yellow Dog is a super successful publishing company with a roster of folks like Josh Kear, Al Anderson, and Kate York!!  I'd love to get a foot in door.

Speaking of a foot in the door.  I've decided, the best way to get through the front door is through the back door.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment