Monday, September 16, 2013

DAY - 32

This morning I reached out to Josh Hoge for Whiskey Jam at Winners bar in Nashville.  I actually met Josh a while back (I'm sure he doesn't remember) when he was touring with David Nail.  Co-writer, Liv Devine and her band opened for David and Josh at Prospectors in New Jersey.  Me, Sue, Tyler (from Sweet Angeline) and Liv ended up talking to Josh for a while after the show.  We exchanged info and talked about connecting, but nothing ever materialized.

The other night, co-writer, Matt Santry told me that Josh hosts this cool writer's night in Nashville called Whiskey Jam.  I decided to check it out further and yeah...it looks really cool! A lot of fantastic writers play the Whiskey Jam and country stars are also known to randomly sit in!  Needless to say, I sent an email to Josh today for consideration on the roster.  I'm sure there's a lot of songwriters/artists emailing Josh to be included so I'll probably have to be persistent with this one.

Btw, Here's a cool "wish I was there" story from this weekend...

This past Friday night my wife, Sue and my mother-in-law, Bonnie were at the dog park taking the little Yorkies for a stroll when Bonnie started talking to a "handsome young man" who was playing with his dog.  Before I go further, you have to understand, Bonnie is hilarious!  She has no filter and will strike up random conversation with anyone. (I'll never take for granted having amazing in-laws)  Anyway, after an hour and a half of speaking with the man they come to find it was country star, Chuck Wicks! (Stealing Cinderella, All I Ever Wanted)  Just so happens that Chuck was set to play the Grand Ole Opry the next night.  He was so cool that he actually went as far as to call his manager to get Sue and Bonnie backstage passes! They ended up going on Saturday night and had a blast!  Wish I was there.


No comments:

Post a Comment