Wednesday, September 25, 2013

DAY - 39

An incredible artist/songwriter and friend since birth, Anj Granieri sent me a link to a blog written by Levi Weaver.  Anj said, regarding Levi's post (actually 3 separate posts) "This is the best thing I've read in a long time."  She wasn't kidding.  If you're reading this, you'll want to read this...
"On Chasing Your Dreams" by Levi Weaver.  I'm not kidding, read it.  

Last night and this morning I started putting together a list.  A wish list, if you may, of artists and songwriters I would like to work with. Some with pub deals, some without, some with hits, some without.  All of whom, I believe are very talented.  Today I began reaching out to some of those folks.  I'll be back in Nashville, full-time, in less than a month and I'm going to come to town with a schedule filled with writing appointments.  I want to immerse myself in the scene and make an impression.  A good impression.  No, good is not good enough.  An exceptional impression.

I'll keep you posted about how the schedule is coming over the next month.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mike! That was a great article wasn't it? Levi is a friend of mine and he's been touring and releasing music as a DIY for many years, so he's been in the trenches and knows his stuff! It's important for us all to stay in touch and support each other so give me a call sometime! I've got your back! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Amazing article. I completely agree. Support is what it's all about. Btw...Really looking forward to your new record and tour. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete