Wednesday, September 11, 2013

DAY - 29

Although the combo of teaching, school and school work has been kicking my butt already, I've been able to find little pockets of time to stay creative.  Wether it's on the train ride, or during a break in a coffee shop or keeping semi weird hours at night, I've been able to stay focused on my writing and development of new ideas.  This past Sunday I had a great skype session with Canadian songwriter, Kirk Penney.  Kirk and I finished the song we started in August and made some headway on another one.  Tonight, I'm writing with Philadelphia singer/songwriter, Matt Santry.  Looking forward to the session!  Looking forward to new material!

This morning I contacted Creative Partner for Tom-Leis Music and Love Monkey Music, Leslie T. DiPiero.  If your asking, "wait, didn't you contact Tom-Leis Music yesterday?" You would be correct.  After I sent the email yesterday, I regretted not sending it to Leslie...

The more I gather, Leslie is a creative force and a powerhouse in the publishing industry.  Being that she is a songwriter and performer herself, she is known for both finding and nurturing talent while creating a great environment in the company.  She's negotiated deals with writers and even facilitated mergers between publishing entities.   Not to mention, she happens to be married to mega hit writer Bob DiPiero.  Long story short, I know I mentioned yesterday that I got a great vibe from TLM and I wasn't kidding.  The company and it's staff seem to have songwriting in their blood. I normally would never contact the same place 2 days in a row but in this case, I think it's really worth showing my interest.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment