Tuesday, February 28, 2012

DAY - 165

Another crazy busy day!!  Anna Maki got back to me right away yesterday with contact info for Kos Weaver... the Disney Music Publishing rep in Nashville. (refer to yesterday)  I forwarded the info to my co-writer, J Fred Knobloch.  Got an email from J Fred Knobloch at 6:36am this morning letting me know he made the pitch of "Heart On A String" to Kos Weaver at Disney!! Let's keep our fingers crossed he digs it...

Had a 9am songwriting session with the Sweet Angeline team, Tyler James and Liv Devine.  We finished the arrangement and a recorded a rough version of the dance/pop song we've been working on.  Its a hard-hitting, fun and upbeat, pop tune in the same vein as Katy Perry's new single "Part of Me" and Jessie J's latest single "Domino".   We sent the rough acoustic/vocal to a producer in Philly who is going to produce a full-blown demo for us!  Definitely psyched to see where it goes.  Can't wait to post it so you can hear the finished version. Stay Tuned!

But thats not all, I decided to take advantage of some extra free time and reached out to NYC songwriter/producer Alex Houton.  www.alexhouton.com I met Alex about 4 or 5 years ago.  At the time, he was interested in producing my old band, Fire by Night.  Long story short, the deal never exactly worked out the way we had wanted it and the band actually broke up before we could pursue anything further.  Anyway, Alex is working with some Major label artists and doing some great things right now so I figured I reach out and try to reconnect. I sent an email to see if he was interested in writing sometime.

It is now 9pm and I am exhausted.  Time to put on Food Network, cook some food, grab a drink and chill out.  Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment