Thursday, February 23, 2012

DAY - 162

The weather in Philadelphia is absolutely beautiful right now!  60+ degrees and the sun is shining.  You'd never know its still February.

 In light of the beautiful day, I was feeling pretty ambitious this morning so I decided to reach out to 2 contacts today instead of just 1.  The first was Jake Livingston, A&R rep for Major Label, Epic Records.  He posted a listing, searching for fun, upbeat, positive songs that have potential to become BIG summer hits!  I decided to send over "Cupcakes & Wine" If you haven't heard it yet, you can listen here: http://mynameisaugust.bandcamp.com/track/cupcakes-wine

The second contact I found today was through Music X Ray as well.  This one I thought was really cool! Katie O'Halloran is a Music Publisher rep from EMI Music Publishing Canada. She is apparently looking for artists, songwriters and producers to feature on her Blog www.ithinkiloveit.com (check it out..its really cool! You might find someone you like that hasn't been discovered yet)  This site highlights and features unsigned, up and coming artists and songwriters!  I wrote her an email, introducing myself/ letting her know my goals, then gave some links to my music.  If she digs what I'm doing and decides to feature me on her blog this will definitely help get some recognition as well as a great connection to EMI Music Publishing!

Cheers to great weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment