Wednesday, February 22, 2012

DAY - 161

Random thought last night while watching Miranda Lambert's Invitation Only concert on the Palladia network.  I've officially decided upon my top 5 favorite songs.  Not in specific order...

1) 'Mr. Jones' - Counting Crows
2) 'Jolene' - Ray LaMontagne
3) 'Piano Man' - Billy Joel
4) 'The House That Built Me' - writers: Tom Douglas & Allen Shamblin. Performed by: Miranda Lambert
5) 'Come Pick Me Up' - Ryan Adams

These may be subject to change but after forcing myself to think about it last night, this is what I came up with...for what its worth :)

Anyway, today was a good networking day.  I was able to secure the contact of BMG Chrysalis Publisher, Daniel Lee.  BMG Chrysalis is a HUGE publishing company...just google it and you'll see who they deal with.  I emailed Daniel a short but sweet message introducing myself, including a link to "20/20".    I'm hoping I can peak his interest.  

I also emailed creative director, Audrey Faires from Ten Ten Music Group (An indie music publishing company in Nashville) I basically sent the same email to her as well.   These were both personal email addresses so I know I'm getting through.  My hope is that they take a minute to check it out.  A minute of someone's time is often asking a lot, especially when the request is coming from an unknown like me.  But we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment