Monday, February 20, 2012

DAY - 159

Heard back from Jason Blume and we're pitching "20/20" to Luke Bryan this week!  I think we've given Blake Shelton ample time to jump on it...he hasn't... so we're moving on.  Say some prayers and keep those fingers crossed people! :)  If you haven't heard "20/20" you can do so here... http://mynameisaugust.bandcamp.com/track/20-20

Feeling under the weather today so I took the day off from school.  Taking advantage of the downtime, I was able to do some research and stumbled across Bill Silva Entertainment.  Bill Silva represents acts like Jason Mraz and Christina Perri.  I reached out to Bill for management consideration.  I've been noticing that every established publisher "does not accept unsolicited material".   In other words, they don't let you in the door unless someone else, who they think is credible, walks you through.  

Soooo... I decided to reach out to a management company in the hopes of gaining a "teammate" in the pursuit of getting that coveted publishing deal.  Basically, I'm looking for someone who might be interested in shopping me around.  I don't know,  just another thought, I figured I'd give it a try.  I still think the best way to get in the door is to get one of your songs recorded on a major record or movie.  But,  a wise man once said, "more than one road can take you to the same place."  

No comments:

Post a Comment