Thursday, February 16, 2012

DAY - 157

Decided to change up the scenery on this gloomy, cold, Thursday afternoon.  Instead of making my usual stop at the local Starbucks,  I ducked into Cosi on Locust street in Philly... enjoying a coffee and a sandwich.  I don't come here enough.  Free wi-fi, nice atmosphere and the food ain't bad either.

I was G-chatting (i.e. Google Chat) with Sue and I was complaining about not being able to find a good networking angle today, when she brilliantly suggested, "Why don't you try to find contact info on Luke Bryan's team?"  Great idea!  Luke Bryan is a break out country star.  Back to back hits like, "Do I", "All My Friends Say", "Country Girl Shake It For Me", "Drunk On You" etc... he's pushing the edge of country crossover.  He would be a great pitch for some of the new singles I'm writing/demoing.
Long story short,  today I emailed Anna Maki at ASCAP Nashville to see anyone at the office could help me acquire contact info for Luke Bryan's team.  Keep you posted on that!

Also, I heard back from songwriter Paul Sottile (refer to Day 142 +143) and it looks like we're going to try to get together next week for a writing session!  Looking forward to it.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment