Thursday, February 9, 2012

DAY - 152


Go at it boldly, and you'll find unexpected forces coming to your aid.

Basil King from The Conquest of Fear



A month or so ago I had mentioned that Darius Rucker (frontman of Hootie and the Blowfish turned Country star) is looking for songs for a new album.  At that time, I reached out to Anna at ASCAP Nashville to try and find contact information for Darius' management or A&R.  She got back to me about a week later with the info and we pitched "20/20" to Josh his manager at McGhee Management.  Unfortunately, I never heard anything back.  Soooo today I decided pitch another song.  I sent over "Love Takes Work".
http://mynameisaugust.bandcamp.com/track/love-takes-work-demo

After sending 'Love Takes Work' to Living Wills Publishing yesterday, I started thinking about the song in general, and 'who' I could potentially hear singing it.  All of the sudden, Darius Rucker's voice came out of nowhere and started singing it in my head...lol.  I have to laugh at myself because I know that sounds weird...but don't judge me.  Listen to the song and picture his voice singing it instead of mine.  You'll see what I mean!

.... fingers crossed I hear back this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment