Monday, February 6, 2012

DAY - 149

Its Monday afternoon approximately 1:30pm... that would mean I should be in Starbucks on Broad Street (if you've been keeping track)  Like clockwork, I am in deed.  Getting my much needed caffeine fix while taking advantage of the free wi-fi.

After doing some research on publishing companies in Nashville, I came across another really well- established and successful indie publisher called 'Ten Ten Music".  I emailed both Patrick Clifford (A&R) and Barry Coburn (President) in hopes of getting through and making a connection.  I read an article about 'cold contacting' music reps that said it is most important to keep the email short and sweet.  So that's what I tried.  (Harder than you may think)  We'll see if I can break through by email... once again, since I am still an 'unknown' entity,  this is a hard task.   Regardless, now I have 2 really amazing indie publishing companies on my radar... Big Yellow Dog and Ten Ten Music.  Now, the object is to keep my eyes out for other ways to get in front of them!  i.e. pitch sessions, workshops, etc... that they might be hosting.

In other news... Still waiting to hear back from Blake Shelton's camp.  The fingers are still crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment