Thursday, January 30, 2014

DAY - 118 + 119

Apologies for the delay!  Yesterday totally got away from me.  But it was awesome!

First off, as promised, here's the new song I mentioned yesterday:  IM4U 
It's an upbeat, anthemic pop song in the vein of Demi Lovato, Kelly Clarkson meets Adele.  I wrote this one with Bill Gue, and Liv Devine.  The killer track work by was done by Jason Garner and the incredible voice you hear on the vocals is Molly Hunt.  Hope you enjoy! :)

Yesterday,  I got an email from my Canadian/Nashville songwriting buddy, Kirk Penney.  Seems we were offered a licensing deal for one of our songs!!   I can't divulge all the details until things get solidified, but the short of it is... a TV/Movie producer wants to use our tune in an upcoming movie he's producing in Canada.  Woo hoo!!   A got this email in the middle of finishing a song with Jon D'Agostino and Jim Huff.  What a great way to end a Wednesday night!

Today, I'm meeting with Sean Kelly.  Sean Kelly is a successful Nashville songwriter and musician who used to be in the band, Sixpence None The Richer.  Remember the huge smash, "Kiss Me"!?  Sean happens to be teaching an innovative audio recording, songwriting, music and film program at my wife's school.  I reached out to him the other day introducing myself and asked if I can come by to sit in for a day.  He so kindly got right back to me and offered to have me come in today.  So pumped to meet Sean and check out the program!  

Great week so far.  Let's keep the momentum.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment