Wednesday, January 8, 2014

DAY - 103

Just another day at the office.  My office has a desk, a computer, paper, pens, pencils, a mini clock and a picture of my wife and I.  It also happens to have some decent recording equipment, a keyboard and a selection of nice acoustic and electric guitars.  It's the place where I practice, write, record, network, find inspiration, lose inspiration, laugh, cry, curse, and talk to myself.   ***Fun fact: 30 year rock veteran and legend, Nick Cave actually has a building connected to his house that he calls, "the office".   He frequents his office like a day job.  5 to 6 days a week, 9am to 5pm he writes music and then returns to his wife and kids to enjoy the rest of the evening.  

Today, after sending out my resume to a couple job openings, I reached out to April Potter Holleman from Creative Vision Entertainment.  April is the founder of CVE, a relatively new management and publishing company.  She is a 16 year music biz veteran.  I decided to send an email to introduce myself and try to set up a meeting.


A wise business man once told me, the best way to get a great job is to make getting a great job, your job.  

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment