Thursday, January 9, 2014

DAY - 104

It's been a crazy little week so far.  I had a few interviews at a couple local music schools that went really well.  I'd like to get back to teaching some private lessons.  It's flexible, it pays well, and I love doing it.  I also just got word about a long-term substitute teaching position that might be coming available for an elementary music class.  Not that subbing is a dream gig, but it could at least bridge the gap between now and summer.  All in all, a pretty good start.

Last night, my wife, Sue and I went to a writer's night at Atmalogy to hang with some friends and check out a friend of a friend, Alex Seier, perform.  Atmalogy is a brand new cafe and social/business meeting place right in the heart of Nashville.  Really cool spot!  Low lit, open-face brick, high ceilings and a laid back, vibey atmosphere.  As it turns out,  we actually knew the girl running the writer's night.  Kinda cool, because she asked me to play next Wednesday.  I'm in!   Btw, if you haven't heard Alex Seier's music, definitely google him and check it out.  Really cool stuff.  Look forward to being on the same writer's night next Wednesday.  (6:30pm - 8pm Atmalogy on West End Ave. If you're interested)

Today, I reached out to CEO of Bigger Picture Music Group, David Robkin.  Bigger Picture is doing some really cool things here in Nashville and they're doing it differently.  They're a label, publisher and management team working with some of the best up and coming acts in town.  They're is a label side and a publishing side to Bigger Picture.  I decided to reach out to the CEO.  Go big or go home.  Hah...jk, he's the only contact I was able to find for now.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment