Thursday, January 16, 2014

DAY - 109

Today, I had lunch with the very talented percussionist and director of licensing at SESAC, Justin Levenson.   I met Justin back in March when he played percussion for my Pop/Country side project, Sweet Angeline at our Bluebird Cafe showcase.  Not only is Justin a killer musician, but he's a wealth of knowledge when it comes to the music biz in Nashville...not to mention a great guy!  Being that I am still getting my feet wet here in Music City,  it was cool to grab lunch and chat with someone who knows the ropes...and knows the real deal when it comes to PROs.  (Performing Rights Organizations. i.e. ASCAP, BMI, SESAC)

Also, I wanted to add to my story yesterday.  The song I wrote with Jon D'Agostino was actually a 3-way co-write.  The idea that Jon brought to the table came from the incredibly talented LA songwriter, Jim Huff.  (Jim Huff is a very successful songwriting veteran who is currently writing for Ole Music Publishing. Check him out!)  Jim, sent Jon the idea, along with a guitar riff and chord changes.  Jon took it from there, wrote a verse and a chorus and brought it to our session and we finished it from there.  Now all 3 of us are working on wrapping it up.  That's what you call, cross-country songwriting.  From CA to NJ to TN.  Get 'r done.

No comments:

Post a Comment