Friday, January 10, 2014

DAY - 105

Happy Friday!

Just picked up a bottle of red and I got some turkey chili simmering on the stove.  Perfect accompaniment for a cold and rainy Nashville night.

Productive day.  Between yesterday and today I have next week looking pretty good as far as interviews, a meeting, writing sessions, a writer's night and potential teaching opportunities. The schedule's going to be a little wacky but we'll make it work.  I scheduled a brand new co-write on Wednesday morning with the very talented, Jon D'Agostino.  Jon and I have been meaning to write together for a while after being introduced by song-plugger, Shane Barrett so I'm pumped to finally get together.

Today, I reached out to the creative manager at Creative Nation, Julie Stuckey.  Creative Nation is a publishing and management company owned by the husband and wife team of Luke and Beth Laird. Luke is a hit songwriter and Beth is an industry pro.  I sent Julie an email a couple months ago, but haven't heard anything so I figured I'd try reaching out again.   After reading the different bios on the CN website,  I noticed that Julie Stuckey has focused a lot of her efforts on facilitating co-writes and networking opportunities for young writers.  Being new to town, I figured connecting with her was worth another try.  I sent an email letting her know I am interested in any co-writing/networking opportunities on the horizon.  That's all for today.

Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment