Monday, January 27, 2014

DAY - 116

Hope you had a great weekend.  This weather is nuts!  Yesterday, it was a beautiful 60 degrees in music city and today it dropped into the teens.  With all the crazy fluctuations, I'll be lucky if I don't get sick!   Grammy Awards last night.  What did you think?  I won't report on the whole event, but I can say the Imagine Dragons/ Kendrick Lamar  performance was the highlight of the night for me.  So much energy I thought they we're gonna blow the roof off!  I was also REALLY happy to see Kacey Musgraves win for best country song and best country album.  Her songwriting is outside-of-the-box, fresh, and compelling.  It was great to see the Grammy's acknowledge it.

I'm coming off a great couple weeks of songwriting.  I have more songs in the works at one time than ever before.  It's awesome and overwhelming at the same time.  Awesome because of all the great new material and inspiration, overwhelming because I'm a perfectionist and I want everything to come out as best as possible.  As I go through my day, I'm constantly fine tuning the swirling sea of lyrics and melodies in my head.  I probably pulled the car over 4 times already to write something down.

Right now, I'm sitting at Edgehill Cafe on Music Row killing time before I start teaching this afternoon.  Today, I reached out to Ree Buchanan from Wrensong Reynsong publishing.  After doing some research on a few songwriters, I stumbled across the Wrensong site and felt compelled to reach out and introduce myself to Ree.  As always, we shall see.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment